- Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
OFFICIAL RULES & REGULATIONS (the “Contest Rules”)
Suite Makeover Contest (the “Contest”)
1. ELIGIBILITY AND LIMITATIONS
To be eligible for the Contest, an individual entrant (the "Participant") must be:
- a legal resident of Canada;
- who is eighteen (18) years or older; and
- is a resident in one of the Sponsor’s properties at the time of entry and at the time of the draw.
Employees of InterRent (the "Sponsor”) its affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, and the household members, roommates and, the immediate family of any of the above, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. For the purpose of the Contest Rules, "immediate family" includes husband, wife, common law spouse, mother, father, brother, sister, son and/or daughter, whether or not they reside in the same household.
The Sponsor shall have the right at any time to require proof of identity and eligibility to participate in the Contest. Failure to provide such proof within the requested period of time will result in disqualification of the Participant. All information requested by and supplied to the Sponsor for the purpose of the Contest must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participant should such a Participant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. CONTEST PERIOD AND THE DRAW
The Contest runs from Friday December 8th, 2023, at 10:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) and ends on Monday January 8th, 2024at 11:59 p.m. EST (the "Contest Period").
The potential winner will be selected from all eligible entries received by the Sponsor during the Contest Period through a random draw (the "Draw") to be held during regular office hours at the office of the Sponsor or its agent in Ottawa, Ontario on Thursday January 11th, 2024. The potential winner will be declared to be the "Winner" when all of the conditions contained in the Contest Rules herein, have been met, including correctly answering a skill testing question and the execution of the Release (as set out in s. 4 below). If the selected Participant does not respond to claim the Grand Prize within two (2) business days of notification, the Participant will be disqualified and will not receive the prize and another Participant may be selected (as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion) until such time as an Participant satisfies the terms set out herein.
3. HOW TO ENTER
A. No purchase is necessary. Internet access and a valid email address are required. To enter the contest, residents must follow the following steps:
- follow us on our social media @interrentreit [1 entry];
- like our giveaway post [1 entry]; and
- spread the word by tagging one of your fellow residents in the comments of the giveaway post [1 tag = 1 entry – unlimited entries]. Each tag counts as an additional entry, and there is no limit to the number of entries through this method.
B. Any attempts to exceed the maximum number of entries allowed is a violation of these Contest Rules and may result in disqualification at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. All entries must be received by the end of the Contest Period. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt by the Sponsor. Use of automated devices is prohibited; use of multiple accounts is prohibited; and automated entries (including but not limited to entries submitted using any robot, script, macro, or other automated service) are not permitted and may result in disqualification. Each entry becomes the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged.
4. GRAND PRIZE:
There is one (1) Grand Prize to be won consisting of the following:
- The winner will receive a suite makeover valued at Two Thousand Five Hundred Canadian Dollars (CDN $2,500.00), including applicable taxes, as determined by the Sponsor. The prize amount may only be spent on decor and furniture items and not on suite renovations.
- The winner will also receive a 30-minute consultation call with one of the Sponsor’s interior designers. The interior designer will conduct a one-on-one phone call or Zoom session with the winner to identify the areas of their suite they would like to update. Following this consultation, and within a reasonable amount of time, the designer will provide a document with recommendations on items to purchase within the allocated budget.
Chances of winning are dependent on the number of entries received.
Unless otherwise specified in the Rules, the Grand Prize will be awarded to one selected Participant that has been verified as a winner. The Grand Prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash or otherwise; however, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Grand Prize with a prize of equal or greater monetary value, in cash or kind at its sole and absolute discretion, if the Grand Prize, or any component thereof cannot be awarded for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor.
The potential winner will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (the "Release") that confirms the following:
- Eligibility for the Contest and compliance with the Contest Rules;
- Acceptance of the Grand Prize as described in the Contest Rules;
- Release of the Sponsor and all of its subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors and administrators (collectively the "Releasees") from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damage, cost or expense arising out of participation this Contest, participation in any Contest-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of the Grand Prize, including without limitation, costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and
- Grant to the Sponsor the unrestricted right, in the Sponsor's sole discretion to produce, reproduce, publish, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use the winner’s name, voice, statement, image, likeness, and city or region of residence in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, for an unlimited time, in connection with publicity for the Sponsor relating to the Contest and otherwise.
- Once the winner is announced, the winner will have three (3) weeks to send a list of items they would like to purchase with their winnings to email@example.com. The Sponsor will then process these transactions on the winner's behalf.
If the executed Release is not returned to the Sponsor within twenty-four (24) hours of the verification as the winner, the potential winner will be disqualified, and another potential winner will be selected by a random draw as provided for in the Contest Rules.
6. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for lost or incomplete online entries, for any technical or telecommunications malfunctions or human error associated with any computer hardware or programming that is utilized in connection with the submission of entries of the administration of the Contest. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability for social media entries that may be lost as a result of being hidden to the public due to privacy settings. The Participant assumes liability for injuries caused or claimed to be caused by participating in the Contest, or by the acceptance, possession, use of, or failure to receive any prize. The Sponsor assumes no responsibility or liability in the event that the Contest cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including reasons beyond the control of the Sponsor, such as tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, acts of God or technical failures.
By entering the Contest, each Participant agrees to be bound by these Contest Rules, which are available on the Sponsor's website at www.irent.com/SuiteMakeoverContest. Each Participant further agrees to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Participant found to be: (a) violating the Contest Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions or use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Sponsor property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any person or business.
8. PRIVACY / USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
9. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source code, drawings, illustrations, logos, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor or its affiliates or by other entities and used under license. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any trademarks, copyrighted material, or other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
10. LANGUAGE DISCREPANCY
In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest-related materials, the terms and conditions of the Contest Rules shall prevail.
The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate the Contest, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend, or suspend the Contest, and/or the Contest Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
These are official Contest Rules. The Contest is governed by the laws of the provinces of Ontario, Quebec and British Columbia and federal law applicable therein and is subject to all applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws. The Contest Rules are subject to change without notice in order to comply with any applicable federal, provincial, and municipal laws.